• In the Spotlight:

Not Sure What To Do.

Ok my DS is 6 months old. He had surgery on his stomach at 3 months, He had pyloric stenosis. So I didnt start him on cereal as early as I should have. Now he is eating just fine but my question is. How when I know when you up his intake of food?
He gets cereal in the moring and a bottle,then for lunch he gets a jar of baby food and a bottle, then he gets a bottle, then another jar of baby food and a bottle and then before bed a bowl of cereal and a bottle.
I just dont know if I should start giving him 2nd foods and if I should give him meats or even finger foods like cheerios?
Any suggestions?

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 8:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he sounds like he is doing great! my daughter ate about the same at that age. (she is 9 mo. now) i would say he will let you know! i started giving my girl gerber cheese puffs, apple wheeles, and biter buscuits when she started reaching for my chips! he will clue you in by trying to take your food from you.
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 8:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• talk to the doctor first that is what i would do
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• because I dont know anything about your baby's condition I would ask his ped..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Hey. My baby had the same surgery a couple of weeks ago. At the hospital they told me to take things slow and start feeding him in little amounts then start giving him more later on. But to be sure please consult your pediatrician or the surgeon that did your babies surgery.
    Anonymous

• I have asked the doc and all he tells me to really watch is protien. That is of course due to his surgery but he hasnt really anwered me about anything else I've asked. Thats mainly why I was asking other moms. My son doesnt really have any problems that came from the surgery other then he spits up a lot more then other babies ( that I know) .
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2009