Where do you put all your children's art work?

My daughter just started a new preschool and they do art work almost everyday. She has tons and i just don't have enough space for everything. I just bought a little display board but right now I have it in folders but it's just so much. I saw online to put some twine up and display it like that with clothspins. I have a separate play room that I want to do that but what do you do when it's just constant.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 3:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2013 in General Parenting

• LOL, I kept a large plastic tote bin in each child's closet. All their art work, pictures, etc... went in that bin. When they moved out and got their own places, their totes went with them.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I put my son's art work in his room and play room than take it down after the school year and put it in a tote. Some of it I have at work.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I bought something similar at Ikea it's a wire with clips to display all the art. It's in my entry way for all to enjoy.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• It's a nice wood like plaque and it says look what I made and it has three clips and I was thinking putting that near the entry way and then changing out and then putting the wire with clips in her playroom. maybe changing it like every week or so and then I will get a bin for all her stuff.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I keep a lot of the good projects but toss the scribbles. My DD brings home like 10 plus things a day. I keep telling her she needs to save the trees lol
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Nearly two years of my daughter's preschool artwork is in one of those under-the-bed kind of totes, waiting to be sorted through when I ever get the chance. I've displayed some of it in the big window next to my front door, or on the metal breaker box in the hallway, or on the fridge, but when cute new stuff comes in, the older things get relegated to the tote. One or two items I've kept just for me, but I want to go through it all, recycle most, and keep the cutest projects so my daughter can have them when she grows up. My mom did that for me and my siblings, keeping a folder for each school year. I still have all that junk, even if I've been out of school for nearly 25 years.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• scrapbook... or take pictures and trash the artwork after a fair amount of time... sounds horrible maybe you could get a file cabinet
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I did read once about taking pictures of them. I know there are really nice ones coming when she goes into grade school but right now she is so proud of her art work. I will figure something out.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I don't save everything. Stuff that's special for one reason or another gets saved, and favorites get displayed on the fridge.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• But it's all my favorite becausee she made it and yes I probably part with some but I do not want to throw them away. I want us( my dd and myself) to find a way to display it together that she likes it and the way i can have it in the house reasonable amount of time. I mean 3-4 pieces of art work everyday is alot. So I like the bin idea and the twine and possibly just changing it out on those three clips. we can just change it everyday for a year and there would still be enough to keep going and going and going. and I need more magnets for my fridge. new place have nothing.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2013