I need buttons.

I am making a quilt for my dd and i always bead the tops of any quilts i make my children my daughter has requested buttons, preferably vintage and glass ones or any wierd or unusual one. I have been looking everywhere and no one has the types she is looking for so i was hoping some crafty moms out there might have some old button collections or some you can raid from grandmas sewing box that i might be able to have I need well over a thousand more buttons so I hope some of you out there can help thanks

elananme

Asked by elananme at 4:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Try Ebay. You can buy buttons in lots. Old & new!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Yep, Ebay would be a great place for that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Yeah, I was going to say eBay too. I got a bunch when my grandma's antique store went out of business. You can also try antique stores or thrift stores.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• You can also try stores like Goodwill. Many times they will stripe the buttons from clothes that are not good and sell an entire jar for just pennies.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2013

• Try your local Freecycle
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2013