Do you have a Dollar Tree near you? They have a bunch of books for a dollar. Good finds. I bought 11 books all hard cover.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Yes they do. When my in-laws came over from Turkey, my FIL went there and fell in love with the fact that he could buy books that cheap! The next time he came, he went back and stocked up again! He's teaching himself English.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• They reduced the size of the book area about a year ago, and since then I haven't found any good books :( I used to explore the Dollar Tree every month to see what I could find. Some of my favorite books have came from there. Even more fun is hitting Amazon.com and seeing what the actual price would be if I had ordered it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• yep. i get a lot of stuff there...especially for the holidays cause my kids are so little.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Not terribly near, no. The only one I get to doesn't have a big selection though.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 5:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Ours only has a small area & not a great selection. The library is still free! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I go and check mine out about every 2 weeks or so! They carry big jars of mushrooms, 3 liter bottles of root beer (for ds), coffee filters, alum foil, trash bags, pain reliever.... so many things that are even cheaper than the other "dollar" stores! I love this store!!! But to keep it on the book topic, I once found a great cookbook there.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• i love the Dollar Tree! I can always find things I can use...I found an egg poacher for the micro and love it.
    newmom1978

Answer by newmom1978 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2013