11 days and still weak and tired from the flu

My fever is gone but just so tired...I have good days and bad days. Fridyif d saturday was pretty good but today i felt like a wet noodle. I have anxiety and am so scared! Please tell me im gonna be ok andif youve had this..i heard the aftermath of the flu can be long! Only positive. Stuff please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2013 in Health

• It took me over a month to recover.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• That's no fun. :( Sorry, momma. The best thing you can do is continue to get as much rest as possible and stay hydrated. Hang in there.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 5:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• The average, unfortunately, is 18 days. So, yes, you'll feel better. But it's a brutal thing to have and I'm sorry you're still feeling poorly.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Took me a good 2-3 weeks to recover completely. Though the worst of it was done in a few days.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I heard on the new it takes up to a month to get over this flu that is going around.

Answer by louise2 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I was talking to a coworker about it just last week, and she told me they have it so bad in Chicago that they actually called it the Sleeping Beauty Bug. I guess just give your body the rest it needs & keep hydrated. *Hugs* hope you feel better soon.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• It took me about a month to fully recover.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Thanks everyone...for to those that did take awhile does wet noodle sound familar..did you lose your appetite.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Here in Chicago we've even implemented extremely restricted visiting rules at the hospital where I work. It's bad, so you're certainly not alone. And yes, loss of appetite is part and parcel of it for some people
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2013