Has any one donated eggs?

My friend and her husband have been trying to get pregnant, doing the fertility dr.stuff. She was talking about trying to find someone to donate eggs. Her husband and I look like we're related. I'm done with kids but I wouldn't mind helping her. I know they want a brunette with simular features to them and since her dh and I look we could be brother and sister, I thought should I offer? I deffinatly want to see what I'd have to do before offering. So my question is has anyone donated eggs and what's the pros and cons in your opinion?

Of course I'd have to talk with my dh as well. Thanks ladies

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 6:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2013 in Health

• It is more than a few weeks... try a few months! You have to go through fertility screenings, medical exams including blood draws, genetic testing, STD screenings and psychological screenings before the process can even begin. they you are put on Birth control pills to get you and the person receiving your egg on the same cycle. After you are synced you will start giving yourself daily hormonal injections I was also givine antibiotics to ensure I was healthy for the collection. Followed by more injections to stimulate egg release. they after a couple of days they will sedate you and then they take the eggs by sticking a needle into your vaginal wall. This is just the big stuff. You really need to research all of this a lot. I donated once in college for the money. I would NEVER do it again.
    Anonymous

• I looked into it but they are VERY strict about age, weight, BMI as well as other medical considerations. Plus the process it's self is time consuming and painful.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• First that's very nice. But, secondly, I've heard that it's a painful process.

http://www.health.ny.gov/publications/1127/#involve

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Nope- but should've done it when I was younger. Now there aren't too many left- & what's left is probably rotten! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I think it's sweet of you to consider offering to someone you know. GL if you go thru with it.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I think I would have a hard time giving to someone I knew personally and would see often. I wouldn't be able to shake feeling like the child's parent if I was around him or her regularly. I think if I disagreed with their parenting somewhere down the road, I would feel like they were going against my wishes for my child.

Just saying for myself. It is definitely not for everyone. If you can fully make the separation, it might be something you could do. For me, I know I wouldn't be able to donate to someone I knew. Maybe an anonymous donor, but not to a child I would see on a regular basis.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Thanks she would be an amazing mom, I'm just afraid she would feel weird with it being my eggs.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Thanks 3libras. I didn't know I'd have to jump through so many hoops just to get approved. I'll deffinatly have to think about it there are a lot of risk I have to think about. It's time consuming but I'm home all the time so it wouldn't be inconvienet for me.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I'm young still 25 I'm healthy I could probably loose 5 lbs but I'm still I'm my weight limit for my height. I'm more worried about the the abuse my body will take. But she would be a great mother if I could help her could I really complain about a few bad weeks? When she could possibly have a life time of giving love to a little one?
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Mom if I was an actual seraget sp? I might have a hard time, but not with my eggs. I mean honestly I wouldn't have an emotional connection with the child I'm more so worried if she will feel awkward with me donating my eggs. And thanks anon for the info. This is something I deffinatly will think about and I'm really not sure about it.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2013