What are reasons hard to find that a baby may measure small ?

My doctor told me i'm measuring three weeks smaller than expected.
I'm up until todays visit was 24 weeks.
What can change it if your period is regular,you know when it was last and so far all tests are normal.
They seem not concerned but there may be something that is overlooked and i want to make sure all alternatives are looked at.
Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Perhaps even w/ regular periods you can ovualte a little off, don't worry, it'll be fine. IMHO.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Thank you i was wondering if that was possible that just because your regular does not mean you can be a bit off still.
    Anonymous

• your due date is just an estimate, it could change several times over the course of your pregnancy, I measured to small and then too big several times...ask your Dr on your next visit. With my son I measured small but with my girls I measured futher along but everything was fine with all 3.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Thank you Midnightmoma & KarrieMarie for you advice.
    Anonymous

• your welcome mama to be !!!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• you're welcome
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• questions!
    So you're 27 weeks pregnant? How long have you been measuring "small"?
    Are you having a healthy pregnancy? Are you healthy?
    Is this your first baby? If not, how did you measure with previous babies?
    And how about the family history~ are you and the dad smaller-average sized? And the grandparents?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I had the same problem wih my son and the midwife told me he was probably just in a weird position that day.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• You also have to remember that you due date can be off by as much as 2 weeks in either direction. It will probably be okay.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I don't want to scare you, but it could be anything like the other moms are saying. I however have my own story, My due date for my little girl was July 7th and I had her on June16th not because of anything that could happen in the family or just because. I started measuring small and I was sent to the local hospital for more test. Then I was sent to Morgantown to Ruby Memorial to have an emergency C-section. When I left the hospital at my home I didn't know what to expect and neither did the doctors. In fact I rode by ambulance the entire 4 hr drive thinking that I might be coming home without a baby.

determind

Answer by determind at 9:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2009