That time of the year again.. Taxes!

Thinking about e-filing from home. Every year dh files with hr block or jackson hewitt and I HATE giving them sooooooooooo much money to file.

I mean I look at how much we're giving them and I wanna slam my head into a wall ( where are you doc? lol). I could take a freaking vacation with that money.

Who here as e-filed themselves? What software did you use? How easy was it?

**Note here: I was thinking of rapid refunding this year to help the in laws. They have to have someone come in and do a few upgrades to the house to help MIL get around. She can no longer walk up the stairs.

I know of one online e-file company that says you can get your money via a debit card, but you would have to wait to get that in the mail correct? How long would something like that take? (tried looking on their site and I saw no answer to that question)

Is there a company your could "do it yourself" with that would allow a form of rapid refunding?

Eh, taxes.

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 7:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2013 in Money & Work

• I can't do our taxes myself anymore because our business has complicated the hell out of them. Before we had our company, I used the TaxCut program. It was really easy, very user friendly. It guides you though everything and you efile at the end.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Our taxes aren't too complicated, so we use Turbo Tax. It's very user friendly & inexpensive.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Thanks ladies
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I normally do mine through Taxact.com but not sure if they do rapid refunding or not. I would stay away from that anyways, because you are going to pay a high APR for that as well. E-filing is normally pretty fast.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Turbo tax is very easy plus you can talk to an accountant anytime you want.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• My husband runs our through turbo tax and h&r block to make sure they both match up, then he files it with the one that is the most advantageous to us.

Answer by missanc at 7:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• If all you have is an EZ form look for one of the free options online.
    I use Turbo Tax home and business. No problems in the last 6 years!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• H&R Block Online and it has been super easy. Ours are very uncomplicated though, they also gave me the option this year to have our refund put on a "pre-paid Mastercard" but I just went with the direct deposit like we always do, will be in our account within about 2 weeks of being approved by the IRS so that's fast enough for us :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 8:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• I use H&R Block online. I have E-filed with them the last several years. I always do them myself. BTW the IRS isn't accepting returns until the 30th of this month and then it will take around 21 days to get the refund direct deposited. Last year it took 28 days, but that is b/c they were having issues with their system.
    Anonymous

• ours are simple so we use Turbo Tax Deluxe online. if you get a return you can pay for the program from your refund so no cash outta pocket ($40). they will also direct deposit your refund into your bank account...which means you get it faster. DH has done it for the past 5 years and we've never had a problem. if your taxes are simple (like ours) id highly recommend it!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2013