Carrots? Eyesight?

For some reason, my 6 month old spits up carrots when she eats them. She doesn't spit up any other vegetable. She'll eat the carrots, but about 30 minutes later, she'll spit them up and it's starting to worry me because I heard carrots are good for their eyesight. I'm kinda scared if she doesn't eat carrots, she'll have poor eyesight. I don't want to be the reason for that. I don't know what to do..just keep feeding her them even tho she spits all of it back up? Or will it be ok to removed the baby food carrots from her diet for now?

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Vitamin A is what is responsible for good eye health. Not solely carrots.

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Talk with the doctor. Do a search for other food that is gih in vitamin A. Also can you try mixing a small amount of carrots with another veggie that she tolerates well? First you need to make sure that there is not a food allergy present.

Answer by booklover545 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• i agree with brook your baby could be allergic to the carrots and thats why shes spiting them up? and for now just take them out of her diet it wont hurt her..also you could buy a multi vitaim until you talk to your ped

Answer by rachel216 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Carrots aren't necessary for good eyesight or good eye health.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Lutein is the antioxidant you need for eye health. You can find this in a variety of fruits and vegetables, such as kale, spinach, broccoli. Dr. Oz has a great recipe for a green drink shake (for adults but maybe baby will like).

Answer by hellokittykat at 9:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Avoid carrots as of now. and try after some time. I mean after a month or so.

Answer by newmommy121211 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Maybe she is a bit young for them... Try to work them into her diet later on and move on to something else.

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:54 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• It's okay

Answer by escuchar at 11:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2014