• In the Spotlight:

i am feeling lost! is anyone feeling the same?

ok i am a young mother i will be 23 in aug. and i had my son at 20 not too young but i feel like my life is falling to shreds and i feel so lost i try to do little hobbies to take up my free time i am really artistic so i try soo many thing i can do to feel this void that i have i wanted to know if anyone else feels like this and if so what did you do?

magical_mommy

Asked by magical_mommy at 8:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I always feel like this. You would think a mother of two a Husband and a full time job but for some reason I still think I should be doing something else. It's normal so I heard as you get older for some of us.
    I just go with the flow. One day I want to write a book. The next day I want to do hair. The next day it's something else. I'm lost so we are in the same boat. Join my club,
    THE LOST WOMEN'S CLUB....LOL!!! Just kidding.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• You sound like you may be having some depression symptoms. Maybe it's time to talk with a licensed Psychologist for advice. It really can help.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Oh please! Just because she wants to do something with her artistic ability and feels a little lost, doesn't mean she's depressed! Jesus...you probably think she should pop some Paxil too. I would suggest doing something with that art. Do they have any art fairs in your area? Here in Portland they have a wonderful monthly art fair in the street (about 25 blocks long). It's a huge party and anyone can sit on the street and create and sell art. There are even small children working next to mom selling their own kiddy art. It's so cute! Maybe you could start a "art in the park" or something for the kiddos in your area. You could get all the parents and kids together once a week or month and present different themes for that week. You don't just have to be a mother...you can take up other hobbies and become a realized woman as well. You control your destiny.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 8:48 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I am 23 years old too. I have 4 children and a husband. I know how you feel, it gets a little overwhelming like everyone is pulling you in dfferent directions and nothing seems to be for you either. *At least that is my opinion* Well, I took up crocheting, it seems a little hard at first but it isnt really. Since you said you are artistic, paint or draw some art for your kids bedroom. I also like to make bath/spa things for myself to use or to give to my friends. There is so much you could do. If there is something you have wanted to try but have no idea how, try using youtube, just type in what you want to try and there is usually a tutorial for it. :) Hope I could help some
    jen_wikstrom

Answer by jen_wikstrom at 12:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2009