My husband moved out on Nov. 8th, said he was angry, did not feel like he belonged. I think he is going through a midlife crisis and became involved with a woman at work. I don't believed he has continued this relationship but who knows. He moved in with his daughter and kids. He comes over at least once a week to take care of stuff. We continue to be intimate when I initiate it but I want my husband in our home.

I know I need to let him go. but how??

Today we got our divorce docs notorized. I went and filed the papers. It is done. Now we wait for the judge to sign. I will soon be a single woman. Does anyone out there have some advise for me? I

MariaRey

Asked by MariaRey at 8:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2013 in Relationships

• Well if you let him continue come over and sleep with you when he feels like it, he will. Don't sleep with him. If he misses you and wants to be with you, he will come home. Personally I don't think I would want him back. You ask how to let him go, file for a divorce and changel the locks and your phone #.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Close your legs for starters.
    All he's doing is having his cake and eating it, too.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Yeah, what PGA said ^^^^

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• It's been almost 2 months? You are still waiting for him to return? How to let him go? Break all ties with him. Are you going to stay living were you are? Time to move all his stuff out. Fill for divorce.
    And like another lady said. Stop having sex with him.

Answer by louise2 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Text him that his shit is on the porch and change the locks
    Get a divorce

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• You've put him in the position of doing whatever the hell he wants and still getting laid. Find your self respect and end it for good.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• Butterfly gave the same answer I was thinking.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• If you haven't let him go yet are you sure you want to? Doesn't seem like it. Its not hard to let someone go unless you don't want to. A good start is taking all his stuff out of your house so the memories are not there anymore then getting a divorce.
    MamaLisec

Answer by MamaLisec at 10:30 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• It's terribly hard to let go. Been there, done that. But hanging on will only make it harder. It's sort of like pulling off a Band-Aid. You can have one good rip, and a sharp pain, or ease the damn thing off and hurt for ages.

First step, stop sleeping with him, no matter how much you love him.

Second step, find another way to take care of whatever "stuff" he's coming back for. Get help from a friend, hire someone, don't depend on your husband.

If your husband decides he loves you and returns, he'll have learned that you won't let him walk all over you. If he doesn't return, you'll have learned you can make it on your own.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• If he wants to go you have to let him go.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2013