2 year old with strange color urine. have doctors appointment in 4 days. should i be worried? should i take her to er instead?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Kids' Health

• GO TO URGENT CARE OR ER RIGHT AWAY I WOULD NOT WAIT 4 DAYS DID YOU ASK HER IF IT HURT TO PEE ? CALL A URGENT CARE NURSE AND TALK TO HER !
    Anonymous

• take the child to er now do not wait if it is red that means she is bleeding inside
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• she said that it doesn't hurt to pee & since i have been giving her plenty of water today she has gone quite a bit and no problems with pain. it is orangish but clear -not cloudy maybe light pink but not red. what do ya think?
    lucygirl

Answer by lucygirl at 8:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Yeah, why not take baby to ER or Urgent Care just to be safe?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Sounds like a bladder or kidney infection. Is she running a fever? Have any pain in her back? I would take her to the er just to be safe.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• thank you all soo much. i call urgent care & going now.
    lucygirl

Answer by lucygirl at 8:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I know you want to freak out, but think about this first. What has your child ate that could change the pee a different color? My dog ate alot of something red one time and peed red for 2 days. I am NOT comparing your child to my dog, but we are alike in alot of ways. Just think about it before jumping to conclusions. Is she complaining? Holding herself? Give your cranberry juice if anthing
    determind

Answer by determind at 8:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• did you take her? How is she?
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• thank you all so much. i did go to urgent care with sample in hand. they said that no blood was found or anything to indicate a uti or blatter infection. they sent it off to find out more. meanwhile, i am still freaking out. she said i should know something in 2-3 days. i am giving her water water water but the urine still looks orange.
    it drives me crazy that 9 times out of 10 doctors or nurses don't have an answer to what could be the problem. i just want someone to tell me she is going to be okay.

lucygirl

Answer by lucygirl at 8:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2009