Formaldehyde in Johnson's Baby Shampoo

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/16/business/johnson-johnson-to-remove-formaldehyde-from-products.html?_r=0

This isn't new, but I hadn't heard about it till an older lady at church, who used to be a nurse and is very big on pure products, mentioned it to me. She says the formaldehyde is the ingredient in Johnson's Baby Shampoo that numbs the eyes so the soap doesn't sting. I had to look it up for myself; I couldn't believe the "family company" would put formaldehyde in any product, much less one for babies. I was horrified. You use a product because you think it's the best thing for your child, and then you hear something like this. It makes me afraid to choose anything off the store shelves, but I guess I'll be finding a new shampoo for my daughter now! Any recommendations?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 11:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2013 in Kids' Health

• I know I read that and was so upset I sent an e-mail to the company but I guess it didn't help them change their product ingredients. I liked the aveeno shampoo. I used the lavender one. It smells amazing.
    MamaLisec

Answer by MamaLisec at 11:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• One of the many reasons I do not buy j&j products. Also, tessie, Burt's bees is owned bupy Clorox. If you do the research, you may not like their products so much.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 12:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• paul Mitchel makes a baby shampoo
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2013

• i dont buy johnson products
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• i buy the no-name baby shampoo that looks just like J&J...wonder if its got that in it too?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I like burt's bees baby stuff.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Crap. That website will have me up all night throwing shit away.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2013