10 days late, bfn...... advice please

I have no idea what is going on. I am 10 days and I have taken a test and its negative. I dont usually have irregular cycles and when it do miss a period its only by a day or 2, never 10 days. I'm starting to worry a little that maybe something is wrong. Could it just be to early for a positive result? This has never happened to me before. I cant really go by symptoms because I always have sore breasts before a period, so that tells me nothing. I had a few days of cramps but that was 2 weeks ago and I assumed it was an indication my period was coming. I did have a bad case of nausea today but that could have just been from something I ate that didnt agree with me. I plan to call my ob tomorrow to schedule an appointment to find out what is going on because my husband asked me to. I think he is worried, not because I may be pregnant but because some thing might be wrong.

I guess I am more interested in having some re-assurance (then asking a specific question) that others have been really late and still got a positive or that nothing was wrong and they started eventually.

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 12:52 AM on Jan. 28, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Its not at all unusual to have home tests fail to detect a pregnancy. I've knwon women who don't get positives until they're a mnth or so in... and the babies were all fine.

Go get a blood test tomorrow.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:55 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Relax and visit your family doctor or your gynecologist as soon as you can, just so you can be reassured. I've missed a period two or three times in the 25 years I've had them, for no reason, and gotten the next one on schedule. I just figured it was a glitch in the system somewhere.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Other than pregnancy, the most common reason for a missed period is that you didn't ovulate in that cycle. This happens to most women at least once in their childbearing years. It's absolutely nothing to worry about.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 1:53 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I am also 10days late i have taken so many test becuause my period was supposed to start sept 25th i never ever miss a period i took on yesturday and it had a slight positive so im going to take one on monday and i will let you know i have been having slight headachs and really bad back pain iv had a little cramping but nothing to bad Baby dust to all of you!!!! Keeping my fingers crosed ireally want another baby
    mommaofone590

Answer by mommaofone590 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2013