Is there any way to make a period come early?

I am going on vacation with my husband and I am realizing that I will be on my period during that time. I was hoping that someone would have a suggestion to make it happen before it is due.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2013 in Health

• OK, so you're stuck from that point of view so how about considering using an Instead cup?
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 9:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• That would be convenient, wouldn't it?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:34 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Birth control pills are the way to do it. Start taking them and during your vacation make sure you're taking the active pills and not the placebos given for the last week in the cycle.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Depending how long before your vacation, you can possibly start the pill to skip it for a month.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 1:33 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• If y ou're not on the pill and if you have a couple of months to go before your vacation then you can delay your period by skipping the placebo pills at the end of a pack and going straight on to the next pack.

Be aware that you might get breakthrough bleeding.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 1:51 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Well if you are always right on time, every time, can you go sooner or maybe afterwords when you are done?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:55 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Change your vacation days. Simple!!

Answer by louise2 at 6:44 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I guess I'm out of luck. No way to change plans and I'm not on the pill. Thanks for the suggestions though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:37 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Are you 100% sure you are not pregnant? Your doctor can give you a week of pills to start now when you stop then your period will come. But if you have not been using any birth control, I don't suggest this. My friend has a very heavy cycle, and her honeymoon was going to be at the beach, call your doctor to see what they suggest.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:37 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I am 100% sure I am not pregnant. My period is just inconvenient this month. I don't like taking pills and forget them all the time. I will just have to deal with being a little inconvenienced. It really isn't that big of a deal, just wondered if there was a trick I didn't know already. Thanks so much for all of your input and suggestions. I will look into the instead cup.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2013