How do I get my son to stop crying before school and before religion class?

Last week he threw up in religion class because of the stomach bug so now he uses that excuse to not go. And says he wants to me stay in religion class with him.

tima111

Asked by tima111 at 7:57 AM on Jan. 28, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It's hard adjusting to new things like a new teacher. If your school has a counselor, maybe make him an appt. to get to the bottom of things. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• How old is he? Is he embarrassed about throwing up in front of others? Is something else going on at school that is bothering him? You need to figure out what's bothering him.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:00 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Maybe he's having some doubts about religion and it's bothering him. Have you tried talking to him and seeing what's going on with him?
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• maybe you shouldnt force him to go
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• He's 8years old. He's been acting very anxious lately... He had a difficult beginning in his regular school and now his former teacher resigned and has a new teacher that started a couple of days ago. I just can't get him to be happy about going to both schools... regular and religion.
    tima111

Comment by tima111 (original poster) at 8:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• He needs time to get use to the changes.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:14 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I"m thinking since this is such an issue with him... once he makes his communion this year I'm not going to put him back in. All of this is not worth it. Religion is an open topic at home and we go to church when we can. He just has to finish this year though. School though is a different story... he needs to go. I hope it gets better.
    tima111

Comment by tima111 (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2013