(sorry this is just a vent no question) hubby's big time upset

that one neighbor who has two teenagers has finally crossed the line with hubby. unless the kids have to be rushed to the er, he doesn't want anything to do with them anymore. just this past week they have came over and gotten about four pounds of sugar (we both gave them some without knowing that eachother did it) some milk, and some cans of soup. we then find out that they went and got an xbox 360 and a wii along with all the guitar hero games (something hubby wants but we can't afford right now) and they also got internet and cable. but for some reason they don't have money for food! hubby told me i wasn't allowed to give them anymore food no matter what! we have our kids to worry about.

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 28, 2013 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't give them any more either. An occasional helping hand is one thing but it sounds like you have become their food pantry.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Where are the parents? Were the video games Christmas gifts? You have to do what you feel is best for your family. If you feel taken advantage of, then my all means, put a stop to your generosity. Next time they come over for something, give them a list of food pantries & churches in your area that help out those less fortunate. BTW- I can't imagine what they needed all that sugar for. Gallons of Kool Aid maybe?! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:15 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Who came to borrow the food? The teens or the parents? Do they beg food off of your other neighbors? It takes an act of nature for me to ask my neighbors for anything! I would be thinking about a phone call to social services, maybe just so they can get direction on where to get help.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:34 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Yeah I'd stop giving them stuff. They are taking advantage of you! Why do you have so much sugar in your house at one time?! lol

MeninaBallerina

Answer by MeninaBallerina at 9:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• drive the kids down to the food bank and and give them bus money
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Worry about your own kids, the others seem to be seeing how far they can push you to get what they want. Good luck.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 3:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2013