I know you are sick of my flu questions, but i'm anxious please humor me...

Tell me what your recovery was from the flu, don't scare me because i'm scared enough but just let me know if it took awhile and if you felt weak and tired and not yourself. And remind me i'm gonna be okay and its not crazy that i'm still sick after a week and a half...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jan. 28, 2013 in Health

• You need to see a doc. You shouldn't still be sick due to the flu. You probably have a secondary infection

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• If you are still feeling that bad after 10 days, call your doctor. My son had the flu that morphed into pneumonia and he had to go on breathing treatments, steroids, antibiotics and so on. Now for him, he was very sick 10 days later.

If you are super sick still, go to the doc. If you are just having a hard time shaking it but are not feeling horrible, you are probably fine and it is just taking you time to get over it. Drink plenty of fluids, eat healthy, lots of fruits and veggies. And rest when you can.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:33 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I've heard these bugs are lingering, sometimes for weeks. But I agree with butterflyblue- it's best to see your Dr. Pneumonia could be settling in. Best of luck & get well soon.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I didn't make it clear, i'm sorry. I have no fever, hardly any congestion i'm back to work.. Its just the aftermath i'm struggling with.. I just feel weak and tired and its making me scared.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Oh, also did go to the doctor, lungs are perfectly clear, even got an EKG all normal. Just the aftermath is getting to me!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Well then why are you worried? You seem to be making it more than it is. You were told last night that it sometimes takes 3 weeks to feel better after the flu. If you are still within the three weeks...chill out. You will start feeling more yourself soon.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:40 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Sleepingbeautee-because i have an anxiety disorder, and always make things more than it is! i'm scared because i don't like feels like a used washed rag...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I've heard they've named this particular bug, the Sleeping Beauty Bug, b/c all you want to do is sleep. Get plenty of rest when you can & keep up w/ your fluids. You're probably over the worst part of it, now your body just needs to catch up. Hang in there.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:57 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I have anxiety disorder too. The worst thing I could do was go online and self diagnose.

I was still coughing, wheezing, no energy, appetite, for a month after my fever broke. I thought I had pneumonia. The diagnosis was post viral cough. It did go away. I didn't like the new symptoms that kept popping up like the wheezing or intercostal strain from coughing. I never get sick and I was more anxious being sick.

Really, it will get better.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:50 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I was pregnant with my DS the last time(almost 9 years ago) I had the flu but I felt weak/tired for about a month keep resting,pushing fluids, if you can go to the DR's just for peace of mind.Feel Better.:)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 28, 2013