Is it time to close Kmart?

When was the last time you shopped there?

Here's an article from MSN.  It looks like they may be going soon.

I don't think I've been to the one here for about two years now.   

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 10:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think there are any in this area so it's been a while.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:38 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I really don't like Kmart. Our nearest one is in a nice part of town, but the upkeep has been nil on it. It's so trashy inside, yet I can't say its actually dirty. It's too far from where I live to make it a place to visit when there are multiple Targets and Walmarts between here and there. The last time I was in one was at Christmas when I went with my mom all over town looking for outdoor Christmas decorations.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• They already closed a few in our area. Sears bought the remaining stores. I rarely shop there myself. I prefer Target & Meijer.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• They've been "going" for decades, since they filed for bankruptcy and Sears bought them. They stay open now because they're basically Sears stores with KMart brands insides - you can order from both off the same website.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I stopped shopping there years ago as well. We have a bunch of them around here
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I have no idea where the closet K-mart is to me. The last time I shopped there was online for X-mas 2010 b/c they were the only ones that had a certain Dora doll that my DD wanted.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:22 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I don't shop there too often but I go 3-4 times a year. Most of the time the store is empty
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 10:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I go there at Halloween. That's about it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Ours has been gone for 8 years already,and there's only one left in a 100 mile radius

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Our Kmart is actually pretty nice. It's prices are slightly higher then Walmart but the people there are nicer. You can also tell at a glance who's working there and who's not very easily. I'm not a big one way or the other shopper but more of where can I get the best deal.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2013