If someone broke into your house, would it be best to protect yourself with a gun?

Why or Why Not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No because I am not ready to accept the consequences that go along with taking someone elses life. I had to go away and think about this one before I answered. I would fight tooth and nail for my children, but I would not be ready to take a life.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Hell yeah it would. I don't want to fear for my life or my families. If you are going to shoot the person make sure it does the job or they will come back and sue your behind for injuring them when they broke into your house.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My hubbly leaves his off duty gun here but its in a safe to where if I needed it I could protect myself. He also took me to the range to learn how to shoot. Yes you need one to protect yourself!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 9:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• its legal
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• yea a gun would be our back up, first to greet the intruder would be our dog I like to call her killer *hehe*
    Anonymous

• only if you are prepaired to shoot them, if not why get one.
    A gun can scare the robber off but it can cause them to attack also, so if you are in this situation are you prepaired to pull the trigger.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My hubby bought me a gun a few years ago but I made him take it back..not because I am scared of it but because if someone did break in, the robber or rapist would already have me before I had a change to undo all the damn safetys, I cant keep one laying aroung the house because of the kids and I would first have to get to it then unlock all the stuff before I could pull the trigger
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• If but only if you are prepared to deal with the legal and emotional consequenses of taking another human being's life. If you are prepared to protect your own life or that of your children by killing another, by all means, get a gun and learn to use it and teach your children how to use it properly. Just be aware that sometime it MAY be a case of your life (or your child's life) or that of some thug. Oh and remember it's better if there's only one story to check out if there is an inquiry! (If you take my meaning.)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My children mean more to me than anything, if necessary, you better believe that the person who breaks into my home will be going out in a body bag!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 9:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• No, becuause if you store it safely, you will not be able to get it out, loaded and pointed at the person fast enough anyway. You are much more likely to be killed by your own gun.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 9:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2009