Gestational Diabetes?

Has anyone had this? I was just a few points in to qualifiying and now I have to get a monitor and test myself twice a day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Yep, both pregnancies--10 years apart.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Yes, with both my pregnancies...watch your sugar intake, eat every few hours but good snacks, nuts, peanut butter, yougurt etc. and I drank a Carnation shake drink every night before I wenrt to bed to keep my blood level good and not be starving in the middle of the night & not feel well. They taste good, have alot of vitamins & high in protein. I know it sucks having it but keep on a god track with it.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Yep. First, undiagnosed. Second, diagnosed but difficult to control. Third, diagnosed and controlled. Baby one weighed 9/11, Baby 2 weighed 10/2 and baby 3 weighed 7/7
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Oh yes, this is becoming a new trend! This way Doctors can milk the Insurance Companies for as much as they can. Everyone I know who has been pregnant recently including myself was borderline!! How ironic?? I'm being sarcastic but I think it's true. Of course when they tell a Pregnant Woman this then she'll run to an Endocrinologist then to a Nutritionist for the sake of her baby. Yet I monitored myself daily & didn't even change my diet & I was always normal as were my friends. Just allotted to more OBGYN visits too! $$$$$$  Just venting & a thought!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• ILovemy Paulie

Wow. Not sure where you live, but I am the only one of my friends that has ever had it. So maybe this milking trend is regional. Only a few tested 'borderline' during the 1 hour and had to go for the 3 hour but only I was lucky enough to have to stick myself several times a day.

In addition, I never saw an Endocrinologist, just a nutritionist to learn a diet and after pregnancy 1, they just trusted I knew what to do for pregnancy two. The only new thing was a new glucose monitor as mine was outdated from the first pregnance.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Yes when I was pregnant with my DD.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I'm in NY. Go figure!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• BTW, I didn't mean to offend anyone, so sorry if I did.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Yup, i had it once... you are also going to ave to modify your diet to keep it onder control as well
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Wow, sorry about the typos.... friggin tablet is tempermental
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2013