Pop quiz!

Now class, it's cheating if you look at the answers before you finish taking the test. *Smile.*

There are only nine questions.

This is a quiz for people who know everything! I found out in a hurry that I didn't. These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers..

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3 Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ' dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.'

Answers To Quiz:

1. The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends: Boxing.

2. North American landmark constantly moving backward: Niagara Falls .. The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.

3. Only two vegetables that ca n live to produce on their own for several growing seasons: Asparagus and rhubarb.

4. The fruit with its seeds on the outside: Strawberry.

5. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the bottle. The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.

6. Three English words beginning with dw: Dwarf, dwell and dwindle...< em>

7. Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar: Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation mark, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.

8. The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh: Lettuce.

9. Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with 'S': Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 3:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I knew 8 right off the bat. The rest, if my brain was more with it, I could have gotten a few of them (3, 4, 7, 9). I'd heard 2 & 5 before but didn't remember.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 3:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I got 4,7 & 9. I knew 2 of the words on #6, but couldn't think of dwarf.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• i did pretty good. i missed #2 & #8...i took me a while (even after reading the answer) to get what #2 was saying.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I am sneezing away and only got 3 right.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• i am feeling lazy and peeked at all of them without even thinking first

i bad
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I got five of them. I guess "dweeb" isn't a common word in the English language--too bad.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2013