Do you keep your receipts?

Usually I just stuff them in my purse after I pay.. then once it gets too hard to find stuff, I have to sort through it and see what papers I have to keep or my darn hubby will complain, "I wanted to return those batteries!"

sweetvietchic

Asked by sweetvietchic at 9:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband and I keep reciepts just because we own our own business and use our reciepts at the end of the year for taxes. But I know what you mean how they pile up. I make my husband clean out his wallet once a week and I file everything.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• nope i don't keep them unless i know there is a chance i could take it back :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I am the same I throw away the recipts when I am out of space, then afetr I do hubby will come up to me and say where is the recipt for that universal remote I bought it doesn't work, ugh. Luckily most stores now will take things back without the recipt.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I'm sorting through my purse right now, so I thought I'd ask you ladies lol =)
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 9:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I have about 3 years worth of receipts in the drawer next to me. Why? Because everytime I enter them into the checkbook I place them into the drawer. Then they become "out of sight, out of mind." I really need to throw out the old ones, but how long should receipts be saved? 90 days, right? Oh goodness....do I have a LOT to throw out.....LOL!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:29 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Yes...I save all my receipts. I'm a small business owner and I need them for my Tax Returns. I put them in a box by my keys and every month I empty it into an envelope marked with the appropriate month. That way they are seperated by month and easier to manage at the end of the year. It only took me 12 years to come up with this plan....lol Before that they were stuffed in purses, drawers..anyplace that was stuffable..excluding my bra...lol
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2009