What are other ways to calm my child fever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Age of child? What's wrong? What have you tried? How high is it? In most cases it's best to let a fever run it's course - it means the body is fighting off illness, and if you keep the temp down the illness will fester and take longer to get over.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 5:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• What ways have you tried and how old is your child and how high is the fever?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• ^^ this^^
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• If it is a high fever or lasts many days then bring the child to the Pediatrician. Then rotate Infant/children's Tylenol (acetaminophen) during the day & Children's Motrin (ibuprofen) at night.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Going to need a lot more details before being able to give sound advice. When in doubt, get off of CM and call the doctor.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Lukewarm bath ....
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• When I had a fever yesterday I took a cool shower because I was so hot! When I got out I left my hair wet which also kept my body temp down, I also had the heat set to 60 so I wouldnt ever get too cold.
    But your child is 3 or 4 years old so I don't recommend wet hair or cold shower! so I think lukewarm bath like tasches said, just not for too long. the best part is when your little one comes out, its a cool breeze on her skin
    also keep her socks off and strip her down to just diaper or underwear but wrap her in a blanket
    dont leave her like that for too long, just for a bit to get her fever down, then go ahead and put shirt and pants back on.
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• her child is 3 or 4 people!!!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• and the stripping of the clothes is only what you would do a couple hours after her bath, when her temp is still up but you obviously dont want to take a bath again. and when i said blanket i mean thin blanket.
    you can also fan her every now and then.
    give her ice cold water too, make sure she drinks lots of water!!

and sorry you could have a SON not a daughter but i just chose the female pronoun to make it easier. ok good luck!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• They sell these things called Be Koool at wal-mart... They are like patches you can put on your child's forehead or other places... It's a cooling patch.. kind of like an icy hot patch, but without the hot.. They are Mickey Mouse.. and they last about 8 hours.. it works for my kids
    momofthree3708

Answer by momofthree3708 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 1, 2013