Green Life...

Do you live a "Green Life"?
Do you try to?

And do you feel it's a religious issue?

To me the earth is a gift and we should care for it what do you think...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I really try; my husband's not as good about it as I am, so that can be kind of hard. I think that it can be a spiritual issue but it's also a common sense issue. We have to take care of our planet and our country (since we use about a quarter of the world's natural resources) so that future generations can thrive. I think the most important issue when "living green" right now is to boycott those big coorporations that inport everything from overseas and start living at a local level (food and goods).
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I really try, within my means, to live that way. I don't think it's really a religious issue- just a human issue. You could definitely make a religious argument for caring for ourselves and our environment though!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 9:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I'm working my way to a greener life. Trying to make it a gradual process so it's not such a huge change, doesn't hit the wallet all at once, and DH doesn't freak out on me. Part of it is common sense and part of it is religious - a feeling of obligation to take care of what God has given us.
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I've been {green} all my adult life. I wouldn't live any other way.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• We try to live as "green" as possible, especially food wise... we won't eat anything with a thousand chemical additives in it.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I try to be as green as possible. We do not have much control on how green our current home is (we rent) but we have big plans for a greener home when we build ours.

And yes, I believe as you...
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 5:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Yes, we try consciously as a family- and it has been driven by myself... there is always room for improvement, but as we are human- we ARE continually changing. Since our family is paying attention- our change is *for the better*! I wouldn't say it is *religious* cuz I am not- however it is probably as close as I come to one- loving science, learning, sharing my knowledge w/others, loving nature *Mother Earth* etc
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 5:47 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• We try to be as green as possible. I believe the earth was given to us and we need to be good stewards of it.
    katecole

Answer by katecole at 8:02 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• we try to be green. We are human, though. So it is hard, but yes we try.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:15 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• As an atheist I think this should be every human being's obligation
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 12:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2009