Do you or would you ever live in Chicago?

I just read that they hit 40 homicides for JANUARY alone, and the month isn't even over yet! I honestly couldn't live in a place that dangerous... I'm not saying my town isn't dangerous, every town in America can be dangerous but man that is just crazy scary :-/ Plus i'm a small town girl so I couldn't handle city living anyways :P

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 8:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Inside the city, no, not with children. The suburbs, maybe.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Nope. Too much humidity. I'm a Colorado girl through and through.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• It's not that bad. As long as your not in bad neighborhoods. I would move back after my kids are put of school only because I couldn't afford private school. It's a beautiful city with great food and night life. Not to mention our museums are prettty awsome. I live in the suburbs.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 8:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Chicago???? HMM,,,, NO, never will I ever live that far North. To cold. My DH would have to be offered a really good paying job.

Answer by louise2 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I live in Chicago and wouldn't trade it for the world. Like anywhere else, there are pockets of high crime areas. Chicago is a dense, chaotic place but it is also so alive and thriving and you never EVER know what you're going to see next. That said, I'm glad I'm here in my 50's and not in my 20's. I think I enjoy it more because I don't have young children to worry about.

And I can honestly say that I've only felt scared once.....and that's when I wasn't paying attention and took the wrong train to a fairly bad neighborhood.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• No, extreme on too many levels. Besides I'm a country boy, I mean girl . Sorry a John Denver song
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• There is a very large Jew of Color population there. 1st black female rabbi too. I would love to live there and find a synagogue home. DH and I talked about it. The weather is a turn off though. We are Georgia folks, lol. Of course we would live in the nicer neighborhoods, I wouldn't settle for anything less. I grew up in the 'hood' and swore I would never live like that again.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Never have and never will.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I used to live two hours outside of Chicago and my husband commuted to Chicago every day. Talk about long, miserable commute! He worked on the South side of Chicago as a railroad conductor. Not a nice place to be.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Yeah, the South Side is bad.

Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2013