Would you buy a home where a murder-suicide took place?

http://news.yahoo.com/pa-homeowner-sues-seller-over-homes-bloody-past-210734556--abc-news-money.html

I agree they should've disclosed this- but I personally think the house is gorgeous. The home we are currently living in had a suicide in the garage. They disclosed it, but it did not deter us from buying it.

What do you think?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Me, no Notta, no way. When I went through real estate school, we were told that it's not something we bring up to the potential buyer. However, if they ask if there is any history, we then have to reveal it.

My husband won't even live near a cemetary.... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• No
    I already bring out spirits in every place I live. I don't need THAT type bugging me as well. That an the thought of the walls or floors being sprayed with blood and brains is just disgusting

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I agree it should have been disclosed.

I would only buy if I was getting a ridiculously good deal.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 8:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I'm not superstitious at all so Yeah I would, especially if I got a good deal. I might replace the carpets and carpet padding if it hadn't been done already but aside from that....

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Two people died in our house.when we first moved in we seen a spirit all the time.i described it to my neighbor and she said you just described mr.xxxx to a t. Freaky.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• For some people (including me) it is a really big issue if death happened in any manner in a house I would be living in.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• No.

I see spirits everywhere I go already. I'm not going to move into a home where there are definitely some serious emotions left behind from previous owners.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 1:18 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I'd have no problem buying it, especially if I got a good deal.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• It wouldn't be a problem for me if I liked the house. An elderly woman died in her sleep in the front room of our house and wasn't found for 1-2 days, no big deal.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I don't know. I'd have the house cleaned spiritually I guess.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2013