How many oz should my 7 month old eat during the night?

He Wakes up 3-4 times a night and eats over 12 oz in total. During the day I feed him lots of solids and bottles I doont understand why he wakes up/drinks so much at night

Kelsea1

Asked by Kelsea1 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what kind of solids do you feed him? just cereal? baby food? do you feed him table food?
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Sounds fine to me. That's not alot

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I feed him basically everything avacado cereal meats veggies. I was just wondering because my doctor said they shouldn't be waking up to eat anymore at this age.
    Kelsea1

Comment by Kelsea1 (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Doc is incorrect. LOts of babies wake at night to eat. Remember the liquid diet is paramount; the solids are an extra.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:54 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• at this stage the baby should sleep whole night at one stretch. If he is not , then too there is nothing to worry because each baby is different. whenever he wakes up instead of directly feeding him try to soothe him first , if he still demands then give only milk and no solid food. Try to increase the amount of milk/formula you feed him just before going to bed , maybe that would help. At 7 months , I gave my baby 5-6 oz of formula before going to bed.
    newmommy121211

Answer by newmommy121211 at 9:17 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Do you feed him solid food right before he goes to sleep? And then a bottle right after?
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:28 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• That's cool
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 11:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2014