Question for those that know how to handle a gun

Do they offer classes at a firing range? Where can someone properly learn how to handle a gun?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yes they do you can go to the police station they have classes also where you got the gun they can sign you up for classes
    Anonymous

• I have never been to a firing range I was taught by my dad but I would check with one in your area, if they don't offer instruction they can tell you where to go.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Look in the yellow pages for gun sales. The dun dealer here has an indoor range complete with ear protection and a safety officer.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 9:50 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Maybe not at the range, but there are classes. Just look it up online and find one in your area. I personally think everyone should be able to handle a gun and keep one (in a safe place) for protection. Good luck!
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• many gun ranges offer gun safety courses, and if they don't offer them thru the range, they can generally recommend someone who runs a class. if you have trouble finding someone thru the range, call your local police and they can help you.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Most would, and if they don't they'll know where you can go to take them. For some states it's a requirement to get your license, so it may even be through your local police.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Most ranges will. You can also find instructor's who specialize in teaching women...

http://www.nrahq.org/women/isc/index.asp
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:50 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• You can check with the police station. usually they teach classes (CCW) or a local gun club. Contact the NRA to see if they know of anyone.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 14, 2009