Does anyone have a baby that fights sleep?

My son has always fought sleep and he is 6 months old. I know some people like to use to CIO (cry it out) Method so their babies can learn to fall asleep on their own. What do you parents think about that? I just want people's opinions and why they do or don't use the CIO Method. Also, if you do use the CIO Method, how long do you let your baby cry before you check on him or her? How long did you have to use the CIO Method?

arielperez18

Asked by arielperez18 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter fought sleep when she was a baby. I tried everything, but I'd get her to sleep, and as soon as I put her down she would wake up instantly and start screaming. Finally I had to just put her down awake and let her figure it out. The CIO took a couple of weeks. It was pretty miserable, but I really din't know what else to do. I'd go in every twenty minutes or so to check on her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2013