What are some cheap, clean at home crafts I can do with my children?

My kids are 5, 4 and 6 months.. i know the 6 month old can hardly do anything.

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2013 in General Parenting

• Stickers ar a big hit with my four-year-old. You can get them inespensively at dollar stores. We also buy cards, cut out the pictures from the front, and make collages. Playdough is always fun, and you can make your own. Bake and decorate cookies. Make God's eyes--ojos de Dios--by gluing two Popsicle sticks together to make an even cross, then wrapping yarn of different colors over and under, over and under, to make a sort of three-dimensional diamond. Google it if that doesn't make sense. Watercolors are fun and they don't cost much. You can print coloring pages, mazes, and ornament patterns from the Internet. Plastic self-stick gems are fun. In the summer, pick flowers and glue them to cardboard. Have fun!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Coloring, finger painting, play do (even made from scratch play do) cooking, baking.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 2:59 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Hand heart cards or hugs, found it on pinterest and my kids loved it.

http://www.who-arted.com/2012/08/25/grandparents-day-cards/

http://www.who-arted.com/2013/01/21/happy-national-hug-day/

Ignore the title and just make them when you want to
    TutuKisses

Answer by TutuKisses at 2:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I recommend www.abcteach.com.  It's not entirely crafts, but there's still plenty on there to do that are.  Just go with those recommended for preschoolers.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• im looking for anything to do.. we just get bored and i dont have much money to spend. Trying to keep them away from so much tv.
    chrstny88

Comment by chrstny88 (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• If you are on facebook, like the Laurie Berkner Band. She regularly posts cool, easy activities on her page.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• what are you wanting to do? i make pictures with the girls using stickers i get from yard sales, and thrift stores. or we make bracelets using beads and yarn i've got laying around the house or house (we use acorns to make bird feeders and christmas ornaments.) the kids make stuff using playdo or modeling clay. my girls are now 11, 8, and 6 so i'm starting to teach them how to make things out of plastic canvas.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• you might look at oriental trading company for ideas. it's cheap.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2013