Best pot roast recipes for a slow cooker?

My boyfriend wants me to cook a pot roast for his birthday next week. What are your favorite recipes? I know I can look it up online or in a cookbook, but I'd like to see your personal yummiest!

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 9:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I have two favorites. One uses one cup of water mixed with a packet of italian dressing mix, brown gravy mix, and ranch dressing mix. The other uses a packet of onion soup mix with a can of cream of mushroom soup.

Both options are great poured over veggies, too. I usually just do carrots because that's my fave way to eat them, but cubed potatoes work well in there as well. Just put all veggies in the bottom, meat on top, then whatever version of the gravy you decide on goes over that.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I slice a onion thinly layer it over top of roast. Sprinkle pepper on top and add two pack of brown gravy mix. Add a cup of water, chopped carrots, celery and whole baby red taters.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Oh and I put a packet if Italian dressing in there to.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I made one for Christmas eve that was delicious! I patted the roast dry, rubbed it with salt and pepper, then seared it on all sides in a hot pan. Placed in the crockpot. Then I added a 2 tbs butter to the pan and two tbs flour. Stirred it around until it started to get some color, then deglazed the pan with water, but you could use wine. I poured that gravy over the roast and turned to crockpot on. I added potatoes and carrots after the first two hours. And I turned to roast every hour to make sure it stayed moist on all sides.

It was heavenly!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• i have a favorite, my hubby made it a while ago and it's just great. i got him the better homes and garden test kitchen favorites cook book and he found it there. i found it online and i'm going to cut and paste in in my next reply.

it's called cherry-almond glazed pork
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• 1 pound boneless pork loin roast ( single loin)
    Salt
    Black pepper
    1 12 ounce jar cherry preserves
    1/4 cup red wine vinegar
    2 tablespoons light-color corn syrup
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4cup slivered almonds, toasted
    1. Rub loin roast with a little salt and pepper. Place the meat on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, in a 325 degree F oven for 1-1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or until thermometer registers 155 degree F.
    2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine the cherry preserves, red wine vinegar, corn syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and the 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook and stir until mixture boils; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in the almonds. Keep the sauce warm.
    3. Spoon some of the sauce over the roast to glaze the last 5 minutes of roasting. Cover meat with foil and
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I made this one last week (part of my pinterest phase) and it was really good. Only thing is I didn't add the onion. That can sometimes trigger migraines for me, and I figured the onion soup mix was enough.

http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/2012/05/crock-pot-pot-roast-recipe/

PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2013