S/O of lurking question

We all lurk at some point for some reason. But i am more bothered by 2 things

1. Following people around and bringing up answers from months ago to make them look bad.
2. The lack of respect and common courtesy

So bothers you?

Go ANON if you want - honesty please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Wow! Who has that kind of time?! I come here to have fun & blow off steam sometimes. If someone were to take that much time to research my past ques/answers, well more power to them. I'm not ashamed of anything I've said.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Nothing really bothers me, if I call you on your bs that's all ill do. I don't have the energy or desire to track back years of answers o dig dirt on someone, cause none of ya matter that much to me. :)
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I could care less if someone lurks, takes the time to dig up old crap etc. Go for it, saves me time.
    I just want to have a good time on here but sometimes even I allow anon trolls to annoy me and then I smart off.
    My nature.

At the end of the day, I put CM down and I sleep well. Lurk away!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• 1) The internet's job is not to please you
    2) If it bothers you that much log off and do something productive, like dishes, or clean your house.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I bet there are more lurkers than those who answer the question.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• 1) no time for this, and a total lack of interest to do this
    2) it is the internet- takes all kinds

if someone brought up old questions of mine
    i would think they they were bored and looking for some funny posts
    if it was personal stuff and trying to prove me wrong or something- i would think they were bored and trying to stir up trouble
    or....
    they adore me and want to be like me ; )
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I don't care about lurking. We DO all lurk from time to time. Sometimes when I'm at work I'll pop in for a few minutes to see what's going on but I don't answer anything.

I agree with you OP; often this is done in order to try and "shame" other members. What I don't get is why people do it.....it seldom works.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I don't consider reading questions but, not answering "lurking". It's not like you're doing anything wrong. Things are posted for everyone to see. To me "lurking", is going back through someone's stuff & basically spying on them.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• When we had DV I had a stalker that went to every question and DV'd and posted something like you can't hide from me or got you again.
    It annoyed to a certain extent but it really was funny that anyone would put the time and effort into "hurting" me. Funnier thing is that someone else had t point it out to me before I even noticed lol.

I really can't say that I have noticed stalkers as such, somepeople seem to see my nick and get negative but that is just who they are IMO.
    So I guess really nothing bothers me.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• they adore me and want to be like me ; )

Paxy I ♥ you
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2013