"supplemental work history"

under "supplemental work history" do I HAVE to fill this out on an application? Or is it simply asking me that i can fill it out if i feel the need to give them more places i have worked.
i already gave them 3 places ive worked and a resume.
so what if i leave this page blank?

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2013 in Money & Work

• When i looked it up online it says this "Use a supplemental form if you need more than the 8 spaces available on the regular Application"

but im still confused
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I would make sure you go back at least 5 years. If those three jobs cover five years, then you are fine. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Generally speaking work and residence history should go back for 5 years unless requested at a later time OR there is some work experience that will greatly enhance the application.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Thanks but this is my second app im turning in since the first one went missing. so it either got thrown away or lost. so it MUST be fully correct this time.
    Please know the 3 jobs i gave them yes DID go back 5 years.
    So...
    on the app it says

(Work history supplement available upon your request)

What does that mean?

I would think it means: if you request it, or if you feel the need, you may supplement this application (ei strengthen it)
    But i DONT feel the need, jobs I gave are definitely good enough.
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• so could it have been thrown away since not everything was filled out?

I do not have enough jobs or information about passed jobs to fill this part out so i feel stuck
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Why don't you call them and tell them you'd just like to clarify what they'd like seen in that section of the application?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• very true mrs_prissy
    however this is the navy base and they have no time for idiots like me who cannot figure it out for themselves
    that will be my last resort
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• you know what i mean
    i would sound like a fool
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• If this is for a government position then you need to go back 10 years. If you have only had let's say 5 jobs in 10 years then no you do not need to fill out the supplemental work history section. If you have had 9 jobs in the past ten years then one of those jobs will go on the supplemental page.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Does it tell you how far to go back? My thought is that the supplemental form is for those who need more space. Say, for example, you had 3 jobs in the last 5 years. But maybe I had 10 jobs in the last 5 years. You can put all yours on the main app, but I would need more room because apparently I'm a job-hopping freak. lol

If the app doesn't tell you how far to go back, I would call them and ask to be sure. And while you're doing that, then you could just ask them if you should go ahead and fill out the other one.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:09 AM on Jan. 29, 2013