Do you like to explore small towns in your state?

Last week I was suppose to go with a friend to explore a small town. Browse at the bookstore, look at antiques, take some pictures of the historical things, and have some tea/coffee. However, because of the ice storm, schools were cancelled and so were our plans. Luckily, my boss is giving me another comp day so I will be going this Friday, WHOO-HOO!

Anyways, what do you like to do when you explore small towns? Any favorite small towns?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 10:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2013 in Travel

• I like to get past the tourist stuff and find shops with real character. The kind of places where you can get homemade cherry pie or apple cider. Diners where the owners are in the back cooking, and where they'll cut the deck with you when you go to pay the bill, double or nothing. There's a place in one of the mountain towns that's built like Noah's Ark, and all they sell is stuffed animals.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Yes! Dh and did that last weekend. I got some cool old lamps at this funky little antique store
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Love it!! Especially here in Colorado is fun!

Overseas was the best though!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• No, we go to the bigger cities - all we have around here is small towns lol! I live in a town of about 700.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:27 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• We're sort of an island, surrounded by desert in all directions. About 85% of this state is owned by the government and it's all desert, so there aren't many places outside of the city.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• i would, but i have no one to go with me. Oklahoma is mostly small towns so im sure there would be some fun places to go see. i know we have a modern day ghost town and a Bonnie & Clyde museum in the southeast.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Yes, it's so neat to explore the small towns especially since I live in the busier part of CT.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Yes! I like the antique stores, art galleries - sometimes the tinier the town, the better.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2013