Is it true that after your first pregnancy and labor, labor tends to go by faster and is much easier?

I am pregnant with my second child. I was induced at 39 weeks with my first child due to having Chron's Disease and the doctors wanting to avoid any possible complications with labor. My labor was 16 hours and 51 minutes long. It had stopped progressing so that's when the started the pitocin. I pushed for 5 minutes and then my son was here :)

I just wonder if this is true for some women or not.

arielperez18

Asked by arielperez18 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2013 in Pregnancy

• my first was induced and was 18 hours. The second was not-and took 17
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• I don't know if my labor was shorter, but when it came to hospital time it was far quicker with #2 and 3. I think that I was in actual labor for longer, but the truly uncomfortable "OMG I better get to the hospital" part was far shorter. So was the time spent pushing.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• my second was a lot shorter. i was induced w/ my first and it took about 12 hours, 9 of labor and 3 of pushing. my second came in about 5 hours, but i may have been asleep for some of it (he woke me at 2 am haha)...oh and i pushed for maybe 10 mins.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Hi! When my mom had my brother when I was about 10 (this was about 20 years ago haha =))
    My moms said her second birth actually didnt hurt at all!! It went by very fast =) but it depends on the person
    SharonDuffey

Answer by SharonDuffey at 12:06 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Not faster really, but easier yes (IMO) - mainly because you know what's happening since you've experienced before.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Yes. First labor 20 hrs. Second 6 hours
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:41 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• My mother, when she was in labor with me it took her hours an hours but her second child, my little sister was much faster only a couple hours an she popped out.
    WonderingEye

Answer by WonderingEye at 12:52 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• My first labor was 41 hours. It wasn't that painful. My second labor was 36 hours. More painful, but still bearable.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Not being induced makes a difference, too.
    It helps to deliver when baby & body are ready.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:57 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• For some it is for some it isn't. My labor was shorter with #2 but I pushed longer due to her being sunny side up.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:54 AM on Jan. 29, 2013