How do I begin to become a medical transcriptionist?

I have no clue this will be foreign to me but I feel this is what I would want. Help me ladies.
Where to begin

Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2013 in Money & Work

• You can go to school online. Just google it. CareerStep has a really good Medical Transcription program. Just a little FYI though.. It's boring as shit.. Unless you're ok with just sitting and typing all day lol but if you get bored easy then I would not recommend this.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 11:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2013

• Think seriously about whether you want to go into this field. More and more doctors are using dictation software, or typing their notes directly into their portable computers. According to a friend of mine who has been a medical transcriptionist for 25 years, the field is slowly dying. Demands on transcriptionists keep going up, and jobs get more and more scarce. She talked me out of pursuing an education as a transcriptionist.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:36 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I also have heard its a dying field. My sister recently (against my advice) went to school for this, she couldn't get a job and is now having to go back for something else.

Answer by missanc at 8:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Go here: http://referral.careerstep.com/ref21661
    XOXOArmyWife

Answer by XOXOArmyWife at 4:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2013