Please some advice!

I have an older cat that is a total lounger. My son wanted a more energetic pet to play with. We got a kitten about 3 weeks ago. This kitten does not let us pick it up, pet it and it is constantly tearing at my couch. She does not play with my son and I can tell he's upset about it. I got this kitten from a friend and I had high hopes for the cute thing. I can tell that my son is not happy with this pet and neither am I. Should I take her back to my friend? Should I keep her even though she's just not the cat for us? I don't want to take her to the pound. I just know that I can't keep her anymore. Please steer me to the right direction. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2013 in General Parenting

• well if she is not friendly then she won't be his pet so I would talk to your friend and give it back then go look at cats with your son and see how they interact
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:43 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I agree with luv!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• How old is your son? I don't think kids under six or seven are really ideal to have kittens, which can be unpredictable, especially if they get chased, cornered, or tugged on by enthusiastic kids. Take the kitten back to your friend, and maybe look into getting a cat for your son that's a little older, but still has plenty of energy.

It's not a good idea to keep a cat that isn't suited to your home and family.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:12 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Re home the cat while it is still a kitten. Let the meower find its forever home. Get the kid a toy.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:52 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• How old is your son?
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 2:32 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• If your not happy and you gave the cat time to adjust then I would take him back or to a rescue. I had to get rid of my cat because she was jelouse of my daughter! It was the hardest thing to do but she was mean to the baby so I had to do it.
    krisandriley

Answer by krisandriley at 10:35 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• My son is 5.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Maybe take your child to the pet store and let them pick at their own personal pet.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 2:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2013