"What is the location of your emergency?"

So, I'm a 911 dispatcher and, due to illness and other issues, I'm working a shift alone tonight. No partner, no help. This never happens, but it couldn't be helped tonight.

Anyway, I was thinking of all the worst case scenarios that could take place tonight while I'm holding down the fort alone. So far the worst I can think of is that the Dam could burst, putting a quarter of the county under water within minutes. That'd be an epic shift!

What's the most creative scenario you can come up with for me? Strangely, thinking about the Dam bursting helped me calm my nerves, as the chances of that are slim to none. Basically, nothing I deal with tonight will be THAT bad...

Gimme some more...

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 12:49 AM on Jan. 29, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Oh my goodness. I pray your have an easy night with no tragedies.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 12:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Omg...this auto correct is going to drive me nuts. You, AGAIN, not your. Sorry.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 12:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I'm glad thinking about the dam bursting helped you to calm your nerves. It reminds me of something my boyfriend's mother always says. "If you are worried about having a bad day, put a toad in your cereal bowl at breakfast. After you eat the toad, it's pretty likely that nothing worse than that will happen to you all day."
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I live in a small town and the train runs right through the town.

Sometimes, as you know, the cars carry hazardous materials.
    Imagine the train derailing sending gaseous fumes throughout the town and many of the citizens waking up smelling the fumes, eyes watering, extreme vomiting etc.
    Who do we call? 911 of course, lol

This is actually something I've thought about many times.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:06 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I stuck my tounge to the car door handle, see I had ice cream and a glob fell on the door handle and well, I am STUCK
    help

sorry Ive got nothing better
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:15 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Breath on it luv, you're full of hot air. It'll melt, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• yes, tonight I am fulll of hot air!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 1:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Then stop wasting the 911 operators time luv! LOL

She's by herself, remember!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• *Whew* Just survived my 3rd 911 call of the night. Still dealing with the radio traffic (I do Fire, EMS, and Sherriff's Office) from that call, but it was NOT the Dam Alarm Service calling to tell me that a wall of water was crashing down.

So far so good!
    DusterMommy

Comment by DusterMommy (original poster) at 1:36 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Well, there was an explosion in my little town on Fri nite. I'm sure the 911 operators were not expecting that call! As long as there are no explosions, you're OK, right?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2013