What was important to you?

Hi! I would like to know what was the most important thing about your engagement & wedding ring:
a. carat size or
b. you didnt care the looks of it just the fact that youre carrying something with you that meant a lot to him when he gave it to you.

What do you think about choosing the rings together or do you think it is the man that has to do it to keep the tradition?

I would also like your opinion about this wedding set just to know what do you think...... We literally just pick the ring 2 hours ago and Im very happy about it because it was something that we did together as a couple. Im so happy

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/$T2eC16ZHJHIE9nysezJQBQ27qll6IQ~~60_1.JPG

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jan. 29, 2013 in Relationships

• Well, I never had an engagement ring so I guess it wasn't that important to me.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 1:09 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• At the time, I was working in a jewelry store. I had seen hundreds of rings and never really cared much one way or the other. I was putting settings out one day and there was one that I looked at and just loved. It was the setting, without a center stone. It had prongs ready for a round stone, and I thought wow, I would love this ring with a marquise center stone. It was just the feel of the ring and style that I loved. I picked out a center stone for it. Color and clarity is the most important thing to me when it comes to a stone. The style is the most important when it comes to a setting. In the end though, if he hadn't gotten the one I had picked, I would have been perfectly fine wearing a plain band. He bought me an anniversary band with three princess cut diamonds when we had been married 8 years, and I have worn that with a gold band ever since, so even I love it, I don't wear my original wedding set much.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Nothing. I wanted a cubic. Got a diamond though. He picked it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• When I got married, I started wearing the wedding set that my husband's mother had worn. I was touched by that. He had asked me if I wanted that one or if he should pick something else. I told him I would be honored to wear his mother's ring, or glad to have something else if that was what he wanted.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• i was shocked at the engagement ring DH picked out. it's perfect for me, and fits my style completely. i dunno about cut, clarity, and all that but its gorgeous and i love it. what meant the most to me was that he worked full time during our senior year at college just so he could buy me the ring "i deserved". its a lot bigger than i expected, and bigger than most other engaged girls at my college at the time. it coulda been a walmart ring for all i cared, what it stands for is far more important to me.

i think what matters is that the couple does whats right for them...nothing else matters. your ring is very pretty!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I don't have an engagement ring. Our wedding rings are identical - we chose them together. They are simply convex white gold bands with yellow gold edging. They look a bit Roman. What was important to me was that we chose them together, we both like them and they're discreet, classy.

The one you picked is no doubt perfect for your taste but it's far too "loud" for mine :) I don't like sparkly things.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 2:30 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• the carat size did not matter. i did not want something too big actually. i just wanted something that i would like
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I didn't care about size so much but I wanted something of good quality. We went and looked together so he would have an idea of what i wanted. My dh ended up getting me something larger and of even better quality than I had imagined.

Answer by missanc at 7:35 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• My ring gained importance b/c of the sentiment behind it. My husb. not only asked my dad for my hand, but my grandparents as well. My Gma gave him her mom's engagement ring (my great Gma's) to give to me when he proposed. The diamond is not huge, but to me it's priceless. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:07 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• We were in the City for the day & I passed a Jewelry Store window & saw a ring that I loved. It really wasn't about the setting, it was the Diamond that was beautiful. Like it was calling my name. LOL! but true. My DH went in & bought it. He kept it & said when I am ready to ask you, you'll get it! (wise guy) We knew we were going to marry since we were in the process of building our own home at the time anyway. I have since had it reset because the setting was very high & bent. My ring now is that center stone & a stone on each side (past, present, future). Congrats!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:42 AM on Jan. 29, 2013