Do you eat boxed/frozen foods?

If so, do you feel guilty? I feel like there is to much crap in them and they aren't very healthy. I try not to buy much of either things.... and boxed, I mean like pre-made meals liek hamburger helper, etc. I try not to make things with tons of sodium and other things in them. I know it's not always convient to make a homemade meal everyday so on our "lazy days" we pick something up, like a sub or pizza. What do you do?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Same here. I try to stay away from boxed, canned, etc. And, if there's no time, we too go to a mom and pop restaurant or even pick of pizza from Papa Murpheys where all their ingredients are fresh.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I stop by Publix, they carry pizza dough in their bakery section. My boys love to spread the dough and make their own pizzas! As for your question, I don't think that picking up a sub or a pizza makes for a bad parent, we all need a break once and a while!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 9:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I have made frozen lasagna but as far as t.v. dinners no, I don't like them and I have made the boxed dinners a couple of times because my family likes hamburger helper but I don't like it so I refuse to buy it anymore.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• sometimes i make boxed/frozen meals but only rarely and truthfully i love t.v. dinners but they're so bad for you i only eat them like twice a year.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 10:08 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i buy the whole wheat hamburger helper every once in a while, a frozen pizza if i dont have the time to make it from scratch, & i just cant resist pizza rolls! they are HORRIBLE for your health but on occasion they just hit the spot.

i never feel guilty for these...but it could be cause my DD doesnt eat our food yet.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• You know, I rarely have time anymore to really put any thought into how bad they are. I make boxed stuff a lot and sometimes the family size frozen lasagna. They're better than eating McD's every nite I guess, so I'm fine with it. I don't make them every night, but I use them a lot. I also try to get Annie's stuff since it's organic, but that's pretty expensive.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I am all about whatever taste good. And sometimes you just really want a taquito and they're just easier frozen.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I used to make Hamburger Helper a lot because I had 4 children (the oldest was only 6) and I just didn't have the time or money to make much of anything else (HH is cheap). Now I rarely make boxed meals. I've even started making my mac & cheese from scratch.

We do use frozen meals. We get them at Gordon's Food Service. Mostly lasagna, Salisbury steak and chicken alfredo. They are nice and easy for crazy days...just pop them in the oven and a few hours later we have food.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I sure do! As long as I'm paying for it with my money who cares? LOL

Anonymous

• justanotherjen, I love homemade mac and cheese! That is one thing I always make from scratch (using white sauce as the base)! Dang, now I want mac and cheese and I just made it a few days ago...

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 13, 2009