Is colorsafe bleach REALLY ok to use on colors??

The straps on my sons' half brother's car seat are light blue, 15 years old, and have what I think is mildew spots on them. They desperatley need help but bleach scares me, honestly. I don't want it come out looking funky, help me!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've never had a problem using it. I've only ever use Clorax 2
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Yes, that's what its made for.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• This is an off brand, but it says color safe, it's the free and clear kind, made of hydrogen peroxide...
    Anonymous

• Well the here goes nothing, I might just get the ex's baby mama made at me, but what's new?! lol
    Anonymous

• is a 15 year old car seat even safe anymore?
    Anonymous

• I use colorsafe bleach in every load of laundry i do. it's the only thing that cleans the stains from both my son who is 2 spilling things, and my bf from his job (he gets ink and grease all over him). So...go for it, I think it's a great product.
    Anonymous

• Nah, a 15 year old car seat isn't "recommended" anymore. But I can remember a time when car seats were just car seats, and we're always handed down. Then again I remember being told stories that when my mom was small, there were no car seats. My ex is very poor so he cannot go get a new one. This one was donated, and is in great shape, still sturdy for being 15 years old.
    Anonymous

• I've used Clorox 2 and Vivid - both work excellent on colors and don't make any stains on them. For clothes that need an extra boost with odors or a color brightener, I use Borax.....excellent stuff!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:26 AM on Feb. 14, 2009