A few questions in one...

My baby is Six and a half weeks old. And I was wondering if they are supposed to lose the hair they come out of the womb with? Mine hasn't been losing her hair. Also how long did your baby like to be swaddled? She loves to be swaddled.. It helps her sleep better. Also when did your baby start teething? And how long did it take for your baby to find her independence so to speak?

Poopie08

Asked by Poopie08 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All those questions can be answered by...it depends on the baby. :) All 3 of mine were born with a full head of hair, lost most of it within a few months, and it grew back in a different color. My niece was also born with a full head of hair and kept almost all of it. My oldest never liked to be swaddled, not from day 1, my middle was swaddled until he was almost 9 months old, and my youngest liked it for about 3 months. My oldest got her first tooth at 9 months, middle at 11, youngest is 10 months and still toothless! My niece got her first two teeth at 4 months. And independence? That comes and goes, depending on mood, amount of sleep, and the stage of the moon. ;) Once they start to crawl, though, they tend to want to explore more. Sorry to be vague, but it really does depend on the child!
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My daughter's hair in thinner than at birth.

She like to be swaddled for teh 1st 6 weeks. We co-sleep and she's snuggled up in my arms all night, so she prefers that more to swaddling.

My daughter is already teething. Started at about 2.5-3mths. Probably won't get her teeth in until about 5-6 months though. They can teeth for 2 months or even more before a tooth ever starts to visibly emerge.

My daughert became "independent" and gained her personality at about 1.5-2 months.
    Anonymous

• Not all babie lose their hair. However all of mine did. My dd loved to be swaddled till she was 12 weeks old. She slept better when she was swaddled. All three of my kids started teething at four and a half months. My first dd got her first tooth in at five months my ds got his in at four and a half months and my youngest dd got her first tooth in at five months. My children got their independence at about five months that is when they wanted to lay in the floor and play with their hanging toys and that is when they started to roll over and laugh and smile more.
    Anonymous

• Mine started losing his hair at abou thtis age. Not all of them do. But most of them love swaddling. teething can happen as early as two months.

Independence? If you don't try to force it, that'll come by or before the first birthday. Moms who try to "make" their kids independent often find they have Velcro toddlers.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• my daughter was born with lots of hair, and never lost any of it, she now has hair to her shoulders at 12 months lol,

my daughter was only swaddled for about 2 months,

she started teething at about 5 months maybe even 4, but didn't get her first tooth(well teeth, her two bottom teeth came in at the same time) until 6 1/2 months

and she found her independence i would say when she stared walking, at about 9 1/2 months man did she just love to get into everything lol
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Mine lost nearly all of her "birth hair" starting around 6 months old.

Mine hated to be swaddled and would scream and thrash until she got at least her arms out. That started at 3 days old. I quit trying at 2 weeks old.

Mine started teething at 3 months, the first tooth arrived at 5 months.

Mine was born independent. The "Terrible two's" came as no shock to me. I'd lived it since day 1.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:36 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Mine was born with a head full of hair and just started losing a little bit. Shes 5 months. She has her 2 bottom teeth and she started teething at 3.5 mo. My LO does not like to be swaddled. We cosleep so she likes that but she likes her freedom. She is getting more independent. I can definitely tell when she is losing patience and getting bored. She doesn't like to be held as long. She wants to play more.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:39 AM on Feb. 14, 2009