So how about some valentines help?

I am mad mad mad at my DH, he made totally blew off our anniversary, picked a fight with me, didn't come home till 11 in the morning the next day, said very hurtful things that have hurt my feelings even to this day (this happened about 2 months ago). We continue to go on with our everyday, and I have never received a sorry from him for the way he acted. He has said a few sweet things since them, and we have only had sex maybe 6 times since the fight. I am still pretty PO though because I think our anniversary should have been important!! So because I am still hurt over what he did and the things he has said is it fair for me to NOT acknowledge Valentines Day tomorrow at all??? Part of just doesn't want to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Let me get this straight, He did nothing for your anniversary, went out all night and stayed out till 11 am the next day, and hasn't apologized yet? Honey, you don't need to worry about what to get him for Valentine's day, you need to worry about finding a marriage counselor. That's some nasty passive aggresive behavior.

I'd get him a card and something small, and give them to him if he manages to do something for you. Tell him your heart wasn't really in it, because you're feelings are still hurt, and you feel like he doesn't really care because he did X, and hasn't even apologized. Sometimes men think they did apologize, but didn't really.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:40 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I myself would say no but i think that's mainly because my BF managed to piss me off!
    confused0701

Answer by confused0701 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• not coming home until 11 am the NEXT day.. Im sorry that is INEXCUSABLE!!
    Anonymous

• We had a fight to an we are both trying to make each other happy, for about 3wks. But No I would NOT Acknowledge it an it was his fault, GIVE Him a chance to make it up? Or make it a Deal to Do For each other to reunite? Good luck
    Anonymous

• Think of it this way...do you want to continue your relationship as it it now? Is it worth holding a grudge and making your point? I'm really good at holding grudges, but I figured out a few years ago that they mostly just make me miserable, no matter how justified I think I am. It's so hard to forgive and move past, especially when they don't even acknowledge the reason why you're so mad, but in the end holding onto your anger only hurts you. So unless he was abusive, maybe you would both benefit from you taking the first step.
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Why do so many women allow their husbands to stay out all night and think nothing of it?
    I'd dump my husband's ass if he did something like that. No ifs, ands, or buts. There is only one thing a man could be doing to warrant him not coming home at night. And if he's not doing that, then he damned well should have gotten his ass back in my bed.

In fact, why allow him to disrespect you by leaving in the first place? A 1 hour cool down, sure, acceptable. But any longer than that is not acceptable.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 4:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Liyoness has a point. Staying out overnight is a biggie. Hurt feelings need to be gotten over, but you do need to talk to him about that. Calmly. Talk not yell. Find out where he was. And take lovinangels' advice of marriage counseling.
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 7:31 AM on Feb. 14, 2009