Bath time

My dd is 11 months old all of the sudden she doesn't like baths. She used to love them. Now every time I take her into the bathroom she immediately starts to cry. She has never fell in the tub or hurt herself in any way. I have toys for her to play with but nothing seems to work. Any advice would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was the same way. She hated baths until she was about 2 1/2. When she was a baby, I would just have to bathe her real quick or get in the bath with her. I thought it was odd, since I hear that most babies love the water.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 10:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My son wen through the same phase. They'll get back to liking bath-time before too long.
    Anonymous

• I've seen several posts on this exact thing here recently. I think that, for most kids, it's basically just a phase. Try taking a bath with her. New bath toys. If you've moved her from the infant/toddler tub to the big tub, try switching back. I hope that she gets over it soon--- I know it must be hard to make her take a bath when she seems so scared!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I agree, it's probably just a phase, but what does come to mind is, do you lay her down in the bath, or get water in her ears? I was thinking ear infection in that case.

If she hates it, try getting in with her, or just sponge bathe her for a while.

Good luck!
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2009