LIGHT SLEEPER!!!!!!!!

I have a 5month old lil boy. And he is somewhat of a light sleeper! Pretty much only when he falls asleep in my arms n then I try n put him down..he otomatically wakes up! I only have to move slightley n BAM hes awake!!! Unfortunattly when he was a newborn I let him sleep in my arms..then he slept with me..now i put him in his car seat but I have to prop a bottle in his mouth! (he does have his head up! But I kno its not the BEST thing ta do!). N im trying to get him in his crib. Everytime I pick him up from sleeping to feed him..he thinkgs is time to get up! So he ends up sleeping with me or I end up propin a bottle in his mouth!!

Any advice here?! Tricks to get him to sleep in his crib..or any other moms goin through this? Is there a way to get him to be more of a heavyer sleeper? Thanx

kylie_2008

Asked by kylie_2008 at 10:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he sleeps best with you, then I would say just let him sleep with you for a while longer. Believe it or not, he will probably get to a point where he just weans himself from sleeping with you. My son has just done this and he's 12 months old. You definitely shouldn't prop a bottle in his mouth though, for any reason. If you're awake and sitting RIGHT there staring at him while he drinks it, maybe it would be okay, but if you're going back to sleep or leaving the room, it's a very dangerous thing to do.
    Anonymous

• To Anon: See thats what one of my friends said..was that her baby slept with her n her husband but then just like WANTED to go to his own crib! Then others say that there kid still sleeps with them n i should break him of it RIGHT AWAY. My mom had me sleep with her n i didn't break of that till i was like 5! N it would be ok...if I was a single mom. But im not..my boyfriend n I live together n I really miss sleepin with him! I would have him sleep in the bed too but hes a heavy sleeper n would roll over on him or something.
    N i kno the proping the bottle thing is dangerious..n yes i am awake n near him when I do it. But hes able to spit the bottle out when hes done!
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i slept with my oldest til he was 2.5(i was 8 months pregnant) and i just recently quit sleeping with my 21 month old(were still dealing with this). good luck
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 10:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Out of curiousity, how come you're waking him up to feed him? Aside from that, what about laying him down and rubbing his back til he's asleep? That way, you're there to comfort him to sleep, but he's going to bed kind of on his own.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 14, 2009