How is your job hunt going?

I'm just curious to know how is your job hunt going? I know people always say "you are not alone" Is there anybody out there over age 40, college graduate, been laid off work for over a year, been on several job interviews that seemed to go great, maxed out your unemployment, Michigan Works advised you to dummy down your resume and still no job or got jobs that lasted less than a year, over qualified for assistance, and don't have any dependents? I'm just curious

WarmSpiritBiz

Asked by WarmSpiritBiz at 10:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well my man and I are only in our 20s but our job hunt is going crappy as crappy can be.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 10:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Mine went fantastic! I switched companies,here is my new business:
    www.bootyparlorparties.com/davialavae
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 3:12 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I know how you feel! Everyone is having such a hard time lately! So many people are struggling and I had lots of friends also lose their jobs = ( GOOD LUCK!!!
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 3:13 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I am 41..i send an average of 15 resumes a week..I live in MA.........I agree it's hard,,,,,,,,when i walk in and their are no calls on my caller id,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I get so down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I've learned to be suprised,,,,I cant sit here and wait for a call/interview or ill go nuts!!!!
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 5:18 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• i got calls from every single place i gave my resume to but i chose the one that was giving free STNA (CNA) training. i have one more week of training to do and i will be a state tested nursing assistant full time. i am very excied. they will pay for me to go through LPN school too if i stay with the company. good thing since my hard working husband is only getting 4 hours per day at a reduced wage. THANKS FOR PROTECTING US, UNION! (sarcasm).
    emilsmama

Answer by emilsmama at 7:22 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I'm 47 and have basically been out of work for nearly 3 years! I'm not a college graduate, but I have over 20 years experience as a medical transcriptionist. The job market SUCKS! I did child care at the YMCA for 3 months, then worked at JC Penneys for three months, so I still have a little bit of unemployment benefits left. My husband is disabled, so we have lived on his SSDI. I finally decided to go to college and get a teaching degree. I hope I have better luck finding a teaching position than I have had finding a medical transcriptionist position!
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 8:06 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I am 39 and have been out of work for 1 yr and just got a job at a grocery store. Hang in there....it was hard to hear i am overqualified for jobs i applied for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• opportunity for you to help others get connected and make money.

www.DoctorsMission.com

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Feb. 21, 2009

• Wow! I'm just checking the responses and all I could say is Wow. Well I had become really depressed about this job thing. I prayed about it and the answer that I got was it's not your time...you need to stay home. Now I babysit my grand daughter everyday and found a work from home job with GDI and it's working for me. I have 6 people already on my team in less than a month. I have my own website www.cynthiamoses.ws and I'm really excited about that.
    WarmSpiritBiz

Answer by WarmSpiritBiz at 10:17 AM on Feb. 25, 2009