Bikinis and short legs

I am 5'1" with "thick thighs." I have been working out and they are getting more toned - but they are just naturally thick and there is nothing that can be done about it. So my question is to anyone else with short thick legs, how do I look good in the summer time with shorts or bikinis ? High heels obviously help make them elongated, but I dont want to be walking on the beach in high heels. And if I were to wear highheels with shorts for other things, how could I go about it without looking trashy ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You can make the suit as short as possible (and rising higher on the outsides) so was to "lengthen" the thighs...don't do boy shorts.
    As for regular shorts, I would say, don't make them too short or too long (maybe about 7-8 inches above the knee) , though you could maybe try a Bermuda short and see how you like that look...
    Anonymous

• Flaunt what ur mama gave you =D I'm built the same way - theres not much you can do, and i dont think you should worry about it. Many worse things to have than just some thick thighs ; )bump

KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 10:48 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• high cut legs and "Tan" legs will make them look leaner
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I buy shorts that aren't too short (about mid thigh maybe). I got some at Old Navy last year that were a good length. I do have some that are a little bit shorter, but I just don't feel as comfortable wearing them. I also wear bermuda shorts. As far as bikinis, I wear skirted bottoms. I only have one brand of skirt though that I like on me. I don't like the skirts that are ruffly or flair because I feel that they just make my midsection look bigger. I love ZeroXposure swimsuits from Kohls. I've already looked at their website & they have some cute ones. The skirts fit tighter & have slits usually on the sides or front which I like.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Don't wear high heels, wear wedges with shorts. They're more summery and you won't look trashy at all. As for a bikini, never wear the shorts kind of bottoms, wear high cut bottoms and that will make your legs look longer.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Rock those thick thighs!!! I'm only 4'11" so I also have very short and muscular legs . . . it's sexy. We are sweet and petite!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2009