Do I have 2 give baby fruit?

Do I have to give my 6 month old fruit every day. She eats a veggie every day but she isn't really ever hungry for a fruit too so I don't bother. Should I be giving her fruit at this age tho as well? Even if she isn't hungry for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, there's no rush in getting children to eat solids :) If she isn't hungry enough I really wouldn't worry.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 9:46 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I was gave mine Veggies and then Fruit and ulternated between the two or I would give her veggies and use th e fruit as a desert for her. It wont hurt if you don't give her fruit.
    krisandriley

Answer by krisandriley at 10:32 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• You are doing fine. No hurry to introduce fruits as that sets up the desire for sweet things. Get her used to veggies first and introduce fruits when she can go directly to a mashed banana and other fresh fruits that are mashed or given in small soft bites.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 10:34 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Alternate, that's what we did. fruit one time, veggie the next.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• My dr. said to start with veggies first or they wont like them, I think its fine as long as you try and work it in there every day and one day she will finally give in and take it and love it :) Good Luck.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:23 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• Baby doesn't need to eat any solids yet. You are just getting baby to taste things. Don't stress too much if she doesn't eat the solids, she is still getting most to all of her nutrition from formula or breastmilk.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• No you don't have to feed either- breastmilk is still ideal.
    GL!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2013

• you could always give half of one and half the other. She will still be getting the amount she normally eats but she is getting a little of both. As a way of giving her something new. My LO's Doctor to me I should offer something new every 4-5days. If they don't seem to like it, wait a few weeks and try that food again.
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I wouldn't give anymore fruits then other stuff. and give a variety so they are often to new fruits.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• No
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 11:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2014