Death Penalty

Do you agree with it?
Did you know only 12 women have been executed out of nearly 1300 people who have be executed?

130 have been released from death row after being proven innocent

12 have been wrongfully executed 

I personally believe in it 100% those sickos didn't get their victims a chance to live why should we?

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 9:52 AM on Jan. 29, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I did before I had to write a research paper on it in college. I no longer do and my reasons have nothing to do with how much they may deserve it, it's mostly about cost. A person sentenced to death is likely to cause the state up to $1M more after appeals, etc. than if they were just senteneced to life in prison.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• maecntpntz219 That is why I don't think they should have all the appeals. One appeal and then have it all done and over with in 6 months. Why do we give them all the appeals and then feed, cloth, house, etc them for years and years while they abuse the system. I'm talking lawsuits because their religious rights were hurt, they don't want to wear orange, etc. They didn't care about the person they killed so why should it matter what they want after they're found guilty.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• In certain circumstances, yes. I just wish the system were different and didn't allow so many appeals to those that have been proven guilty (hard evidence or confession with details only known by the murderer).
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I don't like it, but I think sometimes the death penalty has to happen. Hard DNA evidence or something caught on tape, some of the really savage crimes. In those cases, the perpetrator isn't safe to have in society; it's not all that different than putting down a rabid dog because it's a danger to have around. Unsavory but necessary. Like others have said, though, it should be done and over with quickly, no f***ing around for years and years first. And the case has to be proven beyond a doubt so innocent people don't die.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• yes I believe in it, I also think lethal injection is way too nice for violent murders. I also believe child rapist should be included with the death penalty.
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 9:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• for those who are truly guilty yes, they should fry.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I think it's a necessary evil.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I do not believe in it.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I do believe in the death penalty. I also believe it should be carried out soon after the conviction and there should be no consideration for their suffering....I like the tall tree and short rope approach.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Yes I believe in the death penalty, however ONLY under certain circumstances.  I feel the death penalty should be used for those especially heinous cases.  Those who are serial killers and child rapists.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 4:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2013